2017 is over. Was it successful for me? Definitely! Probably one of the best years of my life. Why? Here is the list of things which I’m really proud of:
- Finished AI Nanodegree classes. I’m still at the beginning of AI-professional journey, but more than a half-year learning showed me how many exciting things are still waiting to be discovered. I also started using my learnings here and there in my professional career. Can’t wait to extend this experience in 2018.
— Mirek Stanek 🤖📱 (@froger_mcs) August 13, 2017
- More and more leadership experience and learnings. Working out my own patterns in this area.
- Shared some open source. Much less than in 2016 (big part of 2017 was consumed by AI learnings):
- Visited Google campus and Google I/O conference in California, US
- Still doing my best as a Head of mobile development at Azimo
- I wrote 27 articles on my blog/medium. Most of them are professional, including a couple in new category – Artificial Intelligence 🤖. Besides personal space, my articles were published in Chatbots Magazine, Machine Learnings, ProAndroidDev, and AzimoLabs.
- I have married a wonderful woman! 👰 🤵
- I haven’t had alcohol for more than a year now. This is my personal project to enjoy every single minute of my life. Waking up next day, after “hard” party, with a full power at 7 a.m. is amazing! I was able to do this after every birthday, company, wedding, and any other party during all over the year. Hell yeah!
- Read ~25 books. Most of them were really, really good – top 7:
— Mirek Stanek 🤖📱 (@froger_mcs) October 13, 2017
- Visited 30+ new cities, venues, big events (🇵🇱🇬🇧🇺🇸🇫🇷🇸🇰). Everything documented on my Instagram profile.
- Tried wakeboard, my third board after skateboard and snowboard.
- Kept sport as an integral part of my life: walking, biking, swimming, running, gym, snowboard. 10k steps daily goal achieved during big part of a year!
- Got the first peak on my feet. Kasprowy Wierch, elevation: 1,987m.
These and many more small wins, achieved alone or together with my wife, made my 2017 really exciting. Can’t wait to see what 2018 will bring!
Same place, 1 year later. Was 2017 the same like 2016? It was even better!I learned more than ever before.I defeated…